DIY: Aloe Vera Hair & Face Mask

Bonjour Amis!!!

When I was in my hometown, I used to regularly apply Aloe vera gel on my face & hair. Yes, I do have Aloe vera in my garden. After coming to Gurgaon, it has become difficult as you know how things are in metro cities. Sometimes I manage to get them from somewhere (Uncle thoda sa Aloe vera milega kya?..he he he). Believe me this gel has a magical effect. Now a days, the Aloe vera gels are also available in market but they are not that much effective compared with natural ones. I am sharing how to make a mask for hair and face out of Aloe vera and to start a new life for your skin and hair.


                                                                               Source: http://www.coveryourhair.com/

What you will need:

- Aloe Vera leafs
- a knife
- a plate

1. Slice the leaf off of the plant. One leaf of aloe vera is enough for the entire area of your face, but you will need more to cover the entire area of your hair. Just take according to your need. Be careful of the sap of the aloe vera, it's a yellowish liquid seeping out of the freshly cut leafs. It can stain your clothes. Also, be careful of the thorny leafs. 



2. Now wash the Aloe vera leaf clean with a running tap water until the sap and the dirt are gone. After that, get rid of the thorns by slicing off the edges of the leaf with the knife. Then, cut the leaf into several parts and put them in a plate, as shown below.



3. The last is slicing off the parts into two, as shown on the picture below. Then, the aloe vera face and hair mask is ready to use.




How to use?

You only have to rub the gel all over your clean face and hair. Avoid rubbing it on the eye area because it can trigger itchiness.

For a face mask, leave it until it dries and feels a bit tight, then rinse it off face wash or facial foam and water. You can leave it for hours if you want, since it can act as a natural moisturizer.

For a hair mask, I do the same. If you don't like the idea of your hair hanging loosely feeling sticky, just wrap it up in a towel. If it has gone dry, rinse it off with a shampoo and water.

Believe me, the result is just amazing! It woks for every skin type, even the sensitive one. It's very good for acne prone skin since it reduces the inflammation and the redness with a regular use. It makes the skin feels supple, smooth, and moisturized.

It does miracle to my hair, making it smooth, bouncy, and healthy. No more split ends. I highly recommend this to you, ladies. This is actually like a beauty secret.

Labels: